I was recently lucky enough to encounter a wonderful holiday courtesy of Mark Warner at the 5 Star Levante Beach Resort in Rhodes, Greece. I was given a Junior Suite to myself and the space was huge!
The room I had was in the middle block to the right as you looked out from the rear of the hotel reception. This was well-placed for the adult pool and an equidistant walk to the beach and to the hotel.
The Room Layout
As you entered the room you had a long stretch of wardrobe on your left with a large amount of hanging and drawer space as well as home to the room safe. On your right, there was a well-appointed bathroom with two sinks, a bath, a separate stand alone shower and a toilet. Walking past the bathroom you entered the ‘lounge’ area which doubled as another bedroom with two sofas which transformed into beds, a coffee table, a desk, a wall-mounted television and it’s own patio door opening onto the private terrace (balcony on the first floor).
To your left, separating the lounge area, was a large sliding door which took you through to the main bedroom. This held a Queen-sized bed with bedside table on either side, large wardrobe with both hanging and wall space, a large dressing table with lighted mirror, a fridge and a wall-mounted television. This too had it’s own patio door which opened onto the same stretch of terrace which housed a rack for drying your clothes and a patio table and 4 chairs.
There was an information book detailing what was on offer from room service and the usual safety information as well as details about the Spa.
- The fridge was a fairly good size although you couldn’t stand up a 1 litre bottle in there.
- The bathroom had a shelf underneath the sinks which held towels – beach and bathroom. There were also slippers and extra toilet roll. The sinks both had their own small bottles of shower gel/shampoo and some small packs of soap.
- There was a small, close-up mirror in the bathroom next to the hairdryer which was fairly powerful
- The safe was easy to use and was big enough to fit a notebook sized laptop inside
- The shower was really powerful. I didn’t use the bath
- The air-conditioning was great!
- The Queen-sized bed was comfortable and cool with just the right amount of sheets and pillows – however there were extras in the wardrobe should you need them.
- There were 2 robes hanging in the wardrobe. I used this during my stay and it was comfortable
- There were two TV remote controls and they both worked on both tvs!
Yes, I experienced two. The first was an ant problem around the sinks in the bathroom, however, this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I also had an issue with my room safe. I hadn’t forgotten the code, it just wouldn’t work. Again, I reported this to the front desk and they resolved it that afternoon.
Any thing missing?
The only thing I could have done with was a full-length mirror.
This is a room suited to a single traveller right up to a family of five (2 adults, 2 children and a baby). It was spacious, well-appointed and comfortable. Any problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. I would happily stay here again.